annablack

This blog is about finding time... time to draw and share. I live in London and work in publishing but also teach mindfulness-based stress reduction to general public groups. I also love writing - fiction and poetry - knitting, sewing, anything which involves making something. I used to do loads of drawing all the way through school but since then it's been harder and very much in fits and starts. I'm back into it now and that feels good.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

EDM Challenge No. 79 - EAR


My left ear... I noticed about halfway through doing it I reached a point where I was thinking 'I can't get any depth/shaping to this with this pen' but I just carried on. I'm still experimenting with hatching directions/styles etc and seeing what effects you get which is why it looks a bit 'measley' hmmm that doesn't look right... 'speckly' sounds better than 'spotty'. I want do it again but in another media - try it in colour perhaps and if I can balance the mirror right perhaps do my right!
Used my 'any old fountain pen' with black ink straight into moleskine notebook...

5 Comments:

Blogger Felicity Grace said...

A nice composition Anna! I like how you use a variety of media.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

Wowee, you did your own ear. I was going to try that but decided I wouldn't be able to see it well enough. Great job! I like the ink shading and the bit of face you included. Really nice!

8:05 AM  
Blogger picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

I'm impressed! Your own ear. OK, I'm going to try to do that. Great drawing, composition and line variation.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Jan Allsopp said...

I love this. It just screams self-portrait! No other image has the intensity of a done from life/mirror self portrait.

12:00 PM  
Blogger seesue said...

Love your stuff. I've just enjoyed my first visit.

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home