annablack

This blog is about finding time... time to draw and share. I live in London and work in publishing but also teach mindfulness-based stress reduction to general public groups. I also love writing - fiction and poetry - knitting, sewing, anything which involves making something. I used to do loads of drawing all the way through school but since then it's been harder and very much in fits and starts. I'm back into it now and that feels good.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Two old men...with thanks to anon


I owe thanks to this to someone on EDM but unfortunately I can't remember on whose blog I saw this exercise of tearing a picture in half and finishing it off...I loved what you did and it inspired me to have a go so thank you! I really enjoyed doing this and it was much harder than I thought. I'd like to try it again with another picture in pencil perhaps or even in colour... PS also apologies to Dan White for bastardizing his wonderful image (check out his fantastic photographs on www.danwhite.com).
PPS see Jan Harris' blog http://purplebirdart.blogspot.com/ as her post inspired this one! Thanks again

10 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

What a great idea and you did a fabulous job!!!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Lin said...

This is gloriously done!! And I love the sentiment of the entire work!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

This is really cool. I like the idea of the two old men helping each other down the street and you did a nice job with the background. What a fun exercise and your execution of it is great!

1:00 AM  
Blogger SDE said...

I love it! An exercise I must try once I get a lot more practice.

1:19 AM  
Blogger Jan Harris Smith said...

It was my blog you found the idea on and I got the idea from Randi Feuerhelm Watts in a class - love what you did with the half you drew - very nice!

2:13 AM  
Blogger Marilyn said...

This looks like a great lesson to learn. Wonderful idea. Good job.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Wonderful job with this! It looks like a tough exercise!

3:09 AM  
Blogger MD said...

What a brilliant idea!!! And you did it so well too. I will definitely be having a go at something like this!
MD

8:57 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Yes, a beautiful drawing - and lots of other satisfying work on your blog

7:58 AM  
Blogger Kait said...

Just discovered your blog, and enjoyed viewing your art very much.

This idea is great. I love how your picture turned out. Inspiring! I'll have to try it out sometime.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful work with the world!

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home