annablack

This blog is about finding time... time to draw and share. I live in London and work in publishing but also teach mindfulness-based stress reduction to general public groups. I also love writing - fiction and poetry - knitting, sewing, anything which involves making something. I used to do loads of drawing all the way through school but since then it's been harder and very much in fits and starts. I'm back into it now and that feels good.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Fresh Flowers...


I just had to try this in colour - it was all rich in pink - unfortunately the photo has bleached it a bit. This was my first watercolour for years and I really loved doing it but of course it's not how I saw it... I wanted to get the clean crisp colours and keep the details of the flowers instead it all ended up blurring and mixing into each other and while I like the effect I wish I could get the technique of the other way too! I think I go for the darks too soon and should be more patient at layering and building up the colour gradually - I got lazy with the tile too (present from Islamabad from a recent trip by my parents).. it's much more densely flowered but I didn't feel there was enough room to do it. I'd like to try it on it's own. So a lot a feel could be better but it was fun to do and I just loved using the colour - got to do more of it...

3 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

WOW, this is fabulous!! The flowers are wonderful and i love the folds in the drapes. You should get back into watercolor with this kind of skill!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Lin said...

FANTABULOUS!! JUST LOVE THE COLORS AND THE SHADING!!!!!!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

I really like how the "corner" of the room seems to be in the crack of the journal. Serendipity. And the rose color is wonderful!

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home